I have had the pleasure of working with Kelly on several occasions. As an author, it is important to have your manuscripts edited properly, not just for grammar and errors, but for content and flow as well. Always a professional, Kelly has a way of making corrections and suggestions that gives one the feeling that she not only cares about what she is doing, but, has a respect for you and your work. These are qualities that are sometimes missing in today’s world. I highly recommend Kelly for editing any size project, and will definitely use her in the future.
—Debra Rose, author of Plucking the Daisy
Hello! My name is Kelly Boyer Sagert and I’ve been writing professionally since 1990 – and I first began working as a professional editor in 1997. I am also a committed Christian who is one of the co-founders of the Northeast Ohio Christian Writer’s Conference and I hold monthly spiritual writing workshops at no charge. People who can are asked to donate canned goods to the Lutheran-Presbyterian Food Co-op.
I am only two classes away from earning a technical certificate in religious studies and my book of devotionals specifically for writers, Everything to God in Prayer: A Writer’s Weekly Devotional, will be released in January 2016 — and I was recently profiled in the Christian publication, Ruby for Women.
I’d also like to help you!
If you just have a few writing questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com and, if I can help, I gladly will. I’ve been blessed by countless other writers who freely gave of their own knowledge and I like to pay it forward.
If you’d like to start spiritual writing workshops in your own church or community (or even a Christian writer’s conference), I will once again gladly share what I know to spread the word.
Or, maybe you’re looking for something more – a ghostwriter to write your story for you, or your blog. Or an editor to proofread and/or polish your words, or even a mentor who coaches you on a regular basis. If so, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your project. (I also enjoy speaking at writer’s conferences, so keep me in mind when you start yours, if you haven’t already!)
As a few highlights of my publishing experience:
- I have traditionally published 12 books and am under contract for two more
- I have been commissioned to write three full-length plays
- One play was nominated for the Governor’s Award
- Another play was made into a PBS documentary with me getting writing credits
- I’ve published literally thousands of articles in newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias and online venues
- I’ve ghostwritten for numerous blogs, many of them household names
- I’ve appeared on an ESPN special and spoken at the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown because of my biography on Shoeless Joe Jackson
- I’ve taught writing online for the Writer’s Digest program since the inception of their Internet school, teaching almost non-stop, year round, since February 2000
- From 1997-2001, I was the managing editor of a regional magazine publishing house
God bless you and your writing!